June 30, 2011

Ready...set...packing! ;o)

Today...as I smartly left most of the travel purchases for the last day, was pretty much running around Helsinki city like I was running a marathon. But now medicine bag is ready for the trip, I have enough flavored green tea to keep me company in Kenya (I know one can get loads of great black tea there...but I am a green tea person through and through). Virve and myself have been calling each others the past days about dozen times a day..."this came to mind...what did you think to take for..." It is so great to be going with a colleague&friend, with whom one can really share this pre-hyping and panicking of the coming assignment.

For a control freak (yes, I belong to that group), it is difficult though to give up one's own project. Yesterday and today have been emotional days, when getting used that I have to leave my project team by themselves for a while. Caught myself thinking today, how one gets attached to the team and to the nature of the project. But after this assignment I got so much more to share with my project team and can teach them something about Kenya ;o)

Few last things on the work front to finalize and then packing. Tomorrow Virve and myself will have a pleasant journey of 12h ahead of us. Will be reaching Nairobi around 2 am. Luckily I sleep well in the plane.

One of the colleagues has been in Nairobi now for few days and shared his first adventures and experiences...so much want to get into the middle of all that. The photos gave me some flashbacks from places in Asia. Funny how totally different corners of the world look so similar in many ways. The colonial times have surely done their share in that perspective.

So, countdown läuft (as one says in German)...time to try to negotiate with myself to take ONLY the necessary things with me. Good luck to me on that ;O)))) See you soon IBM CSC Kenya Team 3! ;o)))) #ibmcsc kenya 3

1 comment:

Niki said...

Did you remember to wash the windows???!!!!

I'll be visiting your blog everyday, Inskuni mun. I hope to see some photos soon:)
Have a great weekend there!

Nina