June 26, 2011

Preparing for Kenya

Early April we started the preparation sessions for the Kenya assignment. 12 people from 11 countries on the journey as Kenya Team 3! That time it seemed like "it's still so far away"....and now suddenly I am leaving in just 5 days time to Kenya.
The 3 months of preparation have gone partially in stress, to be totally honest. As my daily job at the moment isn't from the easiest end of selection. It requires all my time, so Kenya preparation has been done during weekends mainly.
I am totally excited to be part of the sub-group which is involved in creating the master plan for implementing e-voting to Kenya.
Now packing, trying to think through "what all am I supposed to take with me..." and calling about 12 times a day with Virve (my friend and colleague, who is on the same assignment...and I am SO HAPPY about it).
Will start writing the "daily news" from now on...and in Kenya if we are lucky, I can post something pretty much every day. The hotel should be such that we have internet. #ibmcsc kenya

No comments: